Custom Built Saunas
Our custom built saunas can be built in almost any location imaginable. Whether your space is a dedicated room in your home, a void under the stairs, unused basement, patio area, pool house or back yard, we have done it all before.
Custom built saunas is our speciality, and we will take your ideas and turn them into a functioning wellness zone the whole family can enjoy.
Each project is customised to your exact requirements to work with the space available, your design wishes and budget.
Our sauna construction methods were learnt in Finland, the home of saunas and we build your sauna following these century old methods with modern design elements added in for your comfort and enjoyment.
Every Sauna HQ custom built sauna has a triple insulated wall and ceiling structure as standard, which helps to retain additional heat within your sauna but more importantly it protects the back of the lining boards which are separated from the moisture vapour barrier. Generally, you will find most sauna builders will only install a double insulation system, which is another reason that sets Sauna HQ above all others for genuine quality and craftsmanship.
Here is a list a of some basic guidelines to consider for your sauna project
- The interior of your sauna will have a timber finish. Our range includes Nordic Spruce, Western Red Cedar or Heat Treated Aspen.
- The standard height of a sauna ceiling works best at 2100mm.
- Sauna benches range between 450 – 600mm wide depending on sauna size and layout.
- Sauna doors must open outwards and use only a roller catch or door closer. Our standard sauna door is 650mm wide.
- All electric sauna heaters are hard wired on a dedicated circuit. Most of our sauna heater models come in multi-voltage meaning they can be connected in single or three phase power.
- Wall mounted sauna lights are limited to 1700mm above floor height. There is the option of special sauna LED lights which can be installed in the ceiling. A recent trend has also been to install LED Strip lighting into the back rests or around the skirting of the sauna.
What’s The Process?
Analysis & Design
We look at your plans or the space for your sauna project and come up with a design to maximise seating capacity and function of the sauna.
We will provide you with a fixed price written quote for your sauna installation. Each quote will also have optional upgrades for lighting and choices of sauna heater.
With confirmation of your order and deposit payment we will then schedule your project for construction. The average lead time is usually 4-5 weeks for most projects.
Most sauna installations take between 5-10 days. Our dedicated team of sauna specialist will complete the projected as outlined in our quote.
After our installation your sauna is ready for use. Step inside and enjoy a break from tensions and stress of everyday life, just enjoy the moment of pure relaxation.
Every Sauna HQ installation includes your
choice of a Helo sauna heater
which is Made in Finland
The sauna experience it best when time is shared with family and friends. Sharing a sauna with others allows time
for openness and quiet conversation. The sauna experience is different for everyone, but all will
agree it provides a restorative environment for mental and physical health.
Custom built saunas and steam rooms by Sauna HQ, create the perfect relaxation
and wellness zones in the comfort and convenience of your own home.